OCSTA Annual General Meeting
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 from 9:00am – 12:00 p.m. (EDT) OCSTA will convene virtually to address items which are required elements of an Annual General Meeting.
A meeting invitation for the “virtual” Annual General Meeting will be distributed to all Catholic school Trustees and Directors of Education. Instructions and parameters for participating in the virtual AGM will be provided by OCSTA closer to the meeting date.
Election of Regional Directors – Regions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11
Members will be able to vote electronically. Rules, regulations and required parameters will be provided to all members in advance of the meeting.
Nomination form for election of Regional Director – please download and complete. The deadline date for receipt of nominations (via email) is 9:00 a.m. (EDT) on April 7, 2021.
Please submit complete nomination forms to Connie Araujo-De Melo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If no nominations are received by the deadline, nominations shall remain open for the region for which no nomination was received, until 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 1.
Due to the AGM being conducted by virtual means, eligible voters will have the option to assign a proxy during the AGM registration process, replacing the hardcopy proxy form.
Important Deadline Dates
Important deadline dates for receipt of Resolutions, Nominations and Proxies are as follows:
- (Past) Deadline for Receipt of Resolutions – January 29, 2021 – 12:00pm (EST) (as per resolution memos distributed on Oct. 13, 2020 & Jan. 19, 2021)
- Deadline for Receipt of Nominations – April 7, 2021 – 9:00am (EDT)
- Deadline for Assignment of Proxies – April 29, 2021 – 9:00am (EDT)
Resumption of In-Person Learning
On February 3, Minister Lecce announced the dates for the return of in-person learning in all remaining Ontario public health units (PHUs). The government’s decision was based on the advice of Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, the unanimous recommendation of the Council of Medical Officers of Health, and with the support of local Medical Officers of Health.
Elementary and secondary schools in the following PHUs will return to in-person learning on Monday, February 8, 2021:
- Brant County Health Unit
- Chatham-Kent Public Health
- Durham Region Health Department
- Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
- Halton Region Public Health
- City of Hamilton Public Health Services
- Huron Perth Public Health
- Lambton Public Health
- Niagara Region Public Health
- Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit
- Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
Elementary and secondary schools in the following PHUs will return to in-person learning on Tuesday, February 16, 2021:
- Peel Public Health
- Toronto Public Health
- York Region Public Health
Additional Funding To Keep Schools Safe from COVID-19
Read OCSTA’s News Release Response to this additional funding.
2021 Grants for Student Needs
On January 21, the OCSTA 2021/2022 Grants for Student Needs Brief was submitted to the Minister of Education. The submission represents the input and priorities of Ontario’s 29 Catholic District School Boards.
The government has launched an online consultation process to allow Ontarians to submit feedback and participate in an online survey regarding current funding priorities and issues with respect to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to participate
You can share your ideas in the following ways:
Take a survey
Send a written submission
Submit your ideas, in 500 words or less, and send them by email or mail.
Send your submission to email@example.com and:
- include your name or the name of your organization
- use “2021 Budget Consultations” in the subject line
- attach your submission as a PDF or Word document
Mail your submission to:
The Honourable Peter Bethlenfalvy
Minister of Finance
c/o Budget Secretariat
Frost Building North, 3rd Floor
95 Grosvenor Street
Toronto, Ontario M7A 1Z1
Deadline for submissions is February 12, 2021.