FNMI Education, Residential Schools & Catholic Education
- Interim Report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada, pp. 1-11
- They Came for the Children (2012), especially Chapter 1, pp. 5-20
- Calls to Action
- History of First Nations Education in Canada and Residential Schools
- What was the role of the Catholic Church in the residential school program?
- What is the mandate of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and what has the federal government done to address the residential schools issue?
- In the document “Calls to Action,” produced by the Truth & Reconciliation Commission (2015), what reforms are called for by the Catholic Church (sec.58-61) and the education sector (sec.62-65)?
There are no additional materials for this module.