2014 Annual General Meeting & Conference in Niagara Falls
It’s that time again…to register for OCSTA’s Annual General Meeting & Conference! This year’s conference will be held at the stunning Hilton Hotel and Suites in Niagara falls, April 24-26, 2014.
If you haven’t registered yet please register online now.
**New this year** – DOWNLOAD the OCSTA Event App – this “app” will allow you to view the conference program and other details like the attendee list, DIRECTLY from your computer or mobile device.
This is OCSTA’s largest event of the year offering professional and faith development opportunities for Catholic trustees. The theme for the 2014 Conference is “Catholic Education in a Digital World” and the program planned will examine the influence of technology and our digital culture on the delivery and mission of Catholic education. The three-day conference offers a variety of sessions for discussion and education to support trustees in their roles as advocates, stewards and guardians of Catholic education.
- Keynote Address: “Catholic Education in a Digital World,” presented by Sr. Angela Ann Zukowski, MHSH, D.Min, Professor and Director of the Institute for Pastoral Initiatives, University of Dayton.
- Student Trustee Workshop: This facilitated session will explore options for collaboration between OCSTA and the Catholic Board Council of the Ontario Student Trustees’ Association for the purposes of enhancing the learning and networking opportunities available for all student trustees. ALL CDSB’s are encouraged to register their Student Trustees for this event.
- The Hon. Liz Sandals, Minister of Education (Invited)
- “How Catholic School Boards are Using Technology to enhance Education” – CDSB Panel: Rick Brassard, Chair, Northeastern CDSB; Lori Di Marco, Superintendent of Learning, Student Achievement and Well-Being, Toronto CDSB and; Catherine Montreuil, Director of Education, Bruce-Grey CDSB.
- “Digital Literacy and e-Learning,” presented by Jesse Brown, Digital Media Expert, Broadcast Journalist and Co-Founder of popular education and social media website Bitstrips.com.
- Labour Relations Workshop – Facilitated by OCSTA Co-ordinator, Labour Relations, Mike McPhee.
- “Aboriginal Education – Best Practices from Sudbury Catholic,” presented by Dawn-Marie Wemigwans, Principal with the Sudbury CDSB.
For more information visit our AGM & Conference page here.