The Catholic Trustee Modules: Good Governance for School Boards is a resource for OCSTA members created by the Ontario Education Services Corporation and further enhanced by OCSTA with content rooted in the Catholic faith perspective. These Modules deliver content to specifically support the work of publicly elected Catholic school trustees.
Please download and print the user guide we have prepared to assist you with this resource.
To access the Modules, you will require your membership login information provided to you by OCSTA. If you have forgotten them, please see the instructions here.
If you have already logged in, click the button below to access your dashboard, which lists your completed and uncompleted Modules:
Overview: This program consists of the following 18 Trustee Modules, preceded by OCSTA’s Module on Foundations in Catholic Education:
Foundations in Catholic Education (formerly Module 15)
- Authentic Governance Through Ethical Leadership
- Authentic Governance for Student Achievement – Boards Matter!
- Right from the Start: Roles and Responsibilities
- Common Ground, Common Purpose: Relationships in School Boards
- a) Performance Review: Director of Education b) Board Self Assessment: Governance Performance
- The Strategic Role and Multi-year Strategic Planning
- Exercising Authentic Governance: The School Board’s Role as Policymaker
- Conflict: Managing it Creatively
- Family and Community Engagement
- Advocacy: Engaging the Public
- Conflict of Interest and Judicial Proceedings: Some Legal Aspects of Governance
- Running Effective Meetings
- Human Resources
- What Makes a Great Board Chair?
- First Nations Trustees: Leading in Two Worlds
- Developing a Code of Conduct for Trustees
- Social Media