As part of recent Remembrance Day activities, schools throughout the Northwest Catholic District School Board focused on the appreciation of those who have given their lives in the protection of our freedoms:
- St. Patrick’s school in Atikokan hosted the Legion Honour Guard who joined the school community in their prayer service.
- At St. Michael’s school in Fort Frances students remembered through song and prayer in the school gymnasium.
- St. Francis CES focused on the horror of war and its effect on children. Prayer service at St. Francis was delivered in Ojibwa, French and English. Ojibwa language students from St. Francis attended the service with the Couchiching community.
- The students of Our Lady of the Way CES participated in the celebration and service at the cenotaph in Stratton.
- Students from St. Joseph’s CES celebrated a prayer service at the school featuring student prayers and writings.
- The students of Sacred Heart CES also joined the community in the march from the cenotaph in Sioux Lookout to the Legion where students joined in song and prayer to remember our fallen heroes and our Canadian Peacekeepers.