What You Need to Know:
Election Day is October 22, 2018
Other Key Dates
- May 1 – July 27, 2018 (before 2 pm) – Candidates can File Nominations
- July 27, 2018 (before 2 pm) – Final Day for Withdrawal of Candidacy
- October 22, 2018 – Voting Day
- December 1, 2018 – Board of Trustees’ Term of Office Begins
- December 31, 2018 – Campaign Period Ends
- March 29, 2019 – Financial Filing Deadline
The voice and vote of Catholic ratepayers is important to the future of our Catholic schools. In order to vote for Catholic trustees, your CDSB ratepayers must be registered as separate school supporters.
To make the process of verifying support easier for voters, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) has created voterlookup.ca.
Through voterlookup.ca, all Ontario residents can check to ensure that their information is accurately reflected on MPAC’s Preliminary List of Electors for the municipal and school board elections.
- Visit voterlookup.ca to confirm information and follow the easy steps published on the website.
- Make corrections as nessary. Only separate school supporters can vote for Catholic trustees.
For more information call 1-866-296-6722.
As candidates prepare for election day we remind you that the Association has prepared a reference that you may find helpful – “Becoming a Catholic School Trustee – A Call to Service and Stewardship in Christ.” You can download that booklet here.
Please share the Voting Information for Catholic Ratepayers flyer and the “All Candidates Meeting Guide”(2018 guide to be made available soon) with your community.
In the coming weeks we will have available here the OESC municipal election resources that are tailored to the particular needs of trustees and school boards.
Ministry of Municipal Affairs 2018 Municipal and School Board Election Resources